Thursday 23 November 2017

Soup ... and Egg and Bacon Breakfast Muffins


The huge pan of soup I made at the start of the week has done sterling work keeping us fed every lunchtime.


After dishing us up a bowlful each at lunchtime on Monday, I cooled off two single and two double portions for the freezer, and some was put into a clean pan and popped into the fridge once it was cold.  Today we have just eaten the last of this particular batch, a smaller bowlful each this time, followed by a sandwich. 

Tomorrow while I am away at my sons, Alan can have some of last weeks Broccoli soup for a change with some of Stilton crumbled in ... his favourite.


A new favourite of his are these egg and bacon breakfast 'muffins'.

Easy to do and they cook in the time it takes you to feed dogs and drink your first coffee of the morning ... about 20 - 25 minutes.

Simply oil a muffin tray and line each section with a slice of bacon, add some chopped tomatoes, and/or mushrooms if you have them ...


... pour in some beaten eggs and cook in a medium hot oven until the egg is set as much as you like it.

You can just crack an egg into each cup of the muffin tray if you like the white and yolk separate from each other, but our eggs were quite big so he divided two eggs between four cups.


And then try and remember if you are going to do a blog post about them to catch him before he eats the first two  ;-)

Sue xx

10 comments:

  1. These look and sound delicious. Nigella did a good breakfast dish on her last programme. I am just going over to copy it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Num! I'm so glad I found your blog a couple years back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh be still my beating heart...I've lived on McDonald's for two days

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the idea of those muffins. I usually breakfast after I've done the early morning outdoor jobs. There'll be ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made something like this with bread and it works also.
    I Love bacon and put a green chile in it too.

    You have the nicest blog !
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look SO good! Barbara M. (Can’t sign in with Google today for some reason so I’m Anon.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue,I made a vegetarian version of the egg and bacon muffins using a vegan variety. It did dry up a little, but worked. Hope your well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - those bacon and egg muffins are a great idea - I've never seen that done before. How simple and effective.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.